Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dateline June 17 2008 We are still alive!!

Today I remembered something very interesting about our past.... we have a blog.

I guess it's been a while since either of us posted anything. It's not like nothing has been going on... hmm lets see...

*Amber is less than 7 weeks out from her due date with Carson !!!

*I finished my first year with West Texas High and Middle School as the Art teacher (extremely challenging but very rewarding)

*last week marked our first complete year here

*My parents and brother visited recently (very cool)

*I'm breaking in my new "Char-Griller" grill with great success so far!

*I'm in the middle of a mural project for Carson's room... it's "Old West" themed (surprise right?)

*Amber recently recorded a project with the Choir of First Baptist Borger, a Church we have been attending for most of our first year here. She sings with every opportunity that arises... but it's been hard lately with Carson kicking her lungs into her throat !!!

*I'm enjoying my summer break and Amber of course is very envious... actually I wish I could trade places as she is in the late stages of pregnancy.

I've actually seen 4 summer movies (it usually takes me two years to see 4 movies at the box office) and they were all decent or even very GOOD in Ironman's case.

"Ironman" - VERY good flick, well paced and fun.

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" - 3rd best in the series behind Raiders and Crusade.

"Narnia: Prince Caspian" - Still no where near as good as the books and the kids are still just not that good of actors.

"Kung Fu Panda" - Took nephew Trevor to this one and had a good time. Message is SO over done though. Believe and achieve
despite all evidence and rationale to the contrary. It ALWAYS works out in Hollywood doesn't it?

Me thinks the Pixar film Wall*E will wrap the summer for us. Sometime late fall the Daniel Craig movie "Defiance", about Jewish freedom fighters in Poland in WW2 will bring us back.

Cheers.

-Jud

No comments: